Rise of the Runelords
Stronghold of the Absolved Champion
Breastplate of the Gallant Commander
The Stronghold of the Absolved Commander has the following abilities:
- The base item is a +1 mithril, agile breastplate
- Activating a class ability such as bardic performance, the cavalier’s tactician ability, or the cavalier’s challenge ability is reduced by one step (standard > move > swift > free).
- The effects of bardic performances and teamwork feats from the cavalier’s tactician ability are increased on the wearer by 50%. This is added a static modifier (decimals rounding up) in the case of dice being added.
- The utilization of the wearer’s abilities by other party members activates the Commander ability which provides one of the following benefits. These benefits last for a number of rounds equal to the wearer’s charisma modifier, and only one can be active at a time. Each ability can only be used once per encounter, but are refreshed after combat ends.
- Inspiring Commander – the wearer provides all allies within 30’ (including himself) 1d10 + 1/2 HD temporary HP and an untyped bonus to saves equal to the wearer’s charisma mod.
- Imposing Commander – the wearer attempts to frighten all nearby enemies. Enemies within 30’ of the wearer must make a will save (DC = 10 + wearer’s HD + cha) or be shaken for 1 round per 3 HD the wearer possesses. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.
- Tactical Commander – All squares within a 40’ radius burst of the wearer are considered difficult terrain to enemies. This is a magical effect.
A exquisite set of armor with pauldrons of giant claws. Across the chest is emblazoned a pair of golden ships sailing towards one another.